ABOUT THE NONPROFIT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM (NPP)
The NPP Program was launched in April of 2009. It is supported in part, by annual membership contributions from partnering organizations and individuals. It is designed to strengthen, develop and serve Solano County nonprofits by enhancing organization visibility and needs, and assist in their development and capacity-building efforts.
Through capacity building workshops and grant opportunities, NPP promotes partnerships with and between our local nonprofits, individual donors, the business sector, community leaders and decision makers.
Visit the NPP Fund page to make a donation to the program, join NPP, or learn about prior year grants made to local nonprofits. Become a member and discover new partners while building on existing partnerships!
2018 NPP PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANTS
Our Nonprofit Partnership Program is offering "Nonprofit Professional Development & Capacity Building" grants to our nonprofit partners in an effort to be more responsive to the ever changing needs of our communities.
These small competitive grants, up to a maximum of $2,500 each, will be awarded to NPP members that need financial support to pursue professional education, training and capacity-building opportunities. We believe that with increased professional development, organizations will have more tools with which to develop capacity and grow their programs and services.
Through a grant application process, funding is available to organization leadership, board members and staff who are seeking professional instruction, training and support (e.g., attend a class, workshop, seminar, or conference). Requests are limited to these focus areas: leadership and management, fundraising and development, marketing and visibility, and capacity building and assessment. Grant monies may be used to help cover the registration fees, training materials, travel expenses, and related costs. To help cover all expenses associated with long-distance travel, overnight lodging at a multi-day conference, special meals, or sight-seeing excursions, applicants are expected to use a portion of their own (or their organization’s) funds.
Each request will be judged on its own merit. SCF will make an award decision and process the grant payment for approved requests within 7 to 10 working days after receiving an application. Only NPP member organizations with a 501(c)(3) status are eligible to apply. Organizations interested in applying for funding should first read the eligibility and application instructions provided below, then complete and submit their grant application form.
HOW TO BECOME AN NPP MEMBER
Membership is open to everyone; nonprofit organizations, businesses and corporations, government entities, and individuals. Each Program membership costs
$50 per calendar year. NPP workshops are only open to NPP members and larger organizations may wish to obtain more than one membership. Each membership allows for the reservation of two seats at any or all NPP workshops offered in 2018. Please call the Foundation if you have questions about joining NPP or the membership fee. Follow these steps to become a member:
- Download and save a copy of the NPP Membership Form. Provide your contact information by typing directly on the form. You may also print the form and provide handwritten information (but please do so legibly).
- Make your check payable to Solano Community Foundation, or click here to access the NPP Fund page and make your online payment through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account).
- Regardless of the payment method used, please deliver or mail in your completed membership form to:
744 Empire Street, Suite 240, Fairfield, CA 94533.
- Click here to register online. Make your choice and complete the registration form.
- To register by phone, call the Foundation at 707-399-3846.
- To register by email, send a message to email@example.com with your contact information, the name of your organization, and the name of the workshop you want to attend.
- You may also visit our offices and register in person.
WORKSHOP LOCATION & SCHEDULE
All workshops and meetings will be conducted at SCF, located at 744 Empire Street, in Fairfield, in the new Buck Training Center located on the second floor.
Click on this link to view and download our 2018 NPP Workshop & Meeting Schedule.
- NPP Workshops will be held on Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. There is one 'all-day' workshop scheduled for Proposal Writing & Budgeting Basics.
- Preferred seating capacity is 30, the maximum is 40. Registration for a seat at any of our workshops is made on a "first come - first served" basis. We reserve the right to limit the number of attendees from a single organization if seating availability is at or near capacity.
WORKSHOP TOPICS AND AREAS OF INTEREST
Solano Community Foundation offers free workshops to Nonprofit Partnership Program members as a benefit of joining. NPP workshops cover topics of interest for the staff, volunteers, and board members of nonprofit organizations, and interested community members.
Workshop topics for 2018 include general operations, finding funders, transportation resources, proposal writing, project budgets, operating a nonprofit like a business, social media basics, branding and event planning, succession planning, nonprofit finance, and H.R. basics.
Workshops are facilitated by experienced and qualified trainers and presenters who share their knowledge and skills with attendees and encourage them to participate. Content presented and materials provided are geared toward current "best practices." Workshops focus on development and capacity building, i.e., improving the performance and success of nonprofits in delivering their programs and services.